The Gippsland Explorer
Experience regional Victoria and the best of Gippsland and Phillip Island on this four-day three-night personalised tour designed to delight the experience seeker.
- Return transport from Melbourne to Phillip Island and West Gippsland.
- Wander through an Australian native garden and learn about the first Australian’s bush-tucker
- Get up-close to some of Australia’s most famous wildlife including kangaroos, wallabies, emus, koalas and much more.
- Go behind the scenes and into the workshops and studios of acclaimed artists and craftspeople.
- Lunch on local and seasonal delicacies from hidden gems that are foodies’ favourite spots.
- Sample local award winning wine, beer, gin and cheese as you amble over the hills of Gippsland.
- Spend a day exploring Victoria’s oldest national park (Wilson’s Promontory) and enjoy the stunning scenery, bush walking, and wildlife encounters.
- Learn all about Phillip Island’s famous Little Penguin with a visit to the penguin colony on the Island.
Choose your own standard of accommodation on Phillip Island or in the Bass Coast region and then book your place on this immersive and expansive regional tour.
- Melbourne Pick Up and Drop Off
- A Local Guide
- Tasting fees
- Light lunch on 2 days
- Park entrance fee
- On-board WiFi
One Wheelchair passenger can be accommodated
- Food and drink not explicitly included
- Entry fees, tasting fees and other attraction fees if visited
- Meals not explicitly included
- Penguin Parade tickets
If overnighting outside Phillip Island and the Bass Coast region an additional fee for the driver/guide’s accommodation will be incurred. An equal standard of the passenger’s accommodation is required for the driver/guide.
Guest to confirm pick-up location the night prior to the tour. Contact Kirsty – 0459 494 666
Depart Melbourne at 1pm on Sunday and returns to Melbourne between 11am and noon on Wednesday
Departs Melbourne at 1pm on Wednesday and returns to Melbourne between 11am and noon on Saturday
** WILL ONLY OPERATE WITH MINIMUM OF FOUR GUESTS **
Conditions: Luggage restrictions apply. No large suitcases will be accommodated on the bus. Small hand-luggage of one bag per person is permitted with a one medium overnight bag per guest.
Luggage limits change when wheelchair passenger is accommodated.
Contact us prior to confirmation if wheelchair passenger included in the booking.
Pick up from Melbourne hotel and travel to Australian Gardens in Cranbourne. Learn about the first Australian’s bush-tucker and experience some of the flavours that you can utilise in your own cooking to recreate a true Australian inspired meal.
Travel to accommodation in Bass Coast or on Phillip Island enjoying a scenic drive and guided tour on route.
Conclude the day with a tour of the penguin peninsular and if guests have tickets this tour will transfer them to and from the world famous penguin parade.
Enjoy a full day touring and waking in Wilson’s Promontory. Explore the quirky villages of Inverloch, Meeniyan or Fish Creek on route. Enjoy encounters with wildlife, walking on sandy beaches or just observing the views from the bus. A splendid day out. Evening at you leisure.
Meet some creative locals in their workshops and galleries and learn about their craft. Graze on local delicacies and award winning wines and cheese while you meet the makers and learn about their passions. Explore the stand-out areas of Phillip Island and West Gippsland taking in some of the key attractions across the region. Evening at you leisure.
Enjoy a lazy morning before being collected at 10 am for your return trip to Melbourne armed with great coffee and delicious fudge.vening at you leisure.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
Due to the nature of this touring experience persons under the age of 16 years are not permitted on this tour without our express written permission. Some exceptions may apply for family groups and charter bookings.
What footwear should I wear?
For your safety and comfort flat, covered-in shoes are recommended on this tour.
What happens if the weather is bad?
Tour may change subject to weather conditions with some attraction substitution for guest’s comfort.
How do I get to Phillip Island?
View www.exceptionalphillipisland.com.au/how-to-get-here for more information.